The Coface group has contributed since its establishment to the performance and growth of businesses.
While becoming more and more international, the Coface group has contributed since its establishment to the performance and growth of businesses of all sizes worldwide, and to building and conveying a climate of trust among economic players.
- Establishment of Coface, a French company specializing in export credit insurance.
- Start of international expansion. Gradual development of the network in new countries, most notably Germany and Austria in 1991 and UK and Italy in 1992.
- Coface privatized. The Group continues to handle public guarantees on behalf of the French State.
- In Switzerland, Coface has been represented in Lausanne (headquarters) and Rümlang/Zurich and quickly established itself as an important market player. Thanks to our global presence, we can assist our Swiss clients in their markets and offer optimal support with sustainable solutions in credit and risk management.
- Natixis becomes Coface's main shareholder.
- Creation of Coface Trade Aid, a non-profit association whose objective is to promote education and economic development throughout the world.
- Coface adheres to the principles of Global Compact, in which companies undertake to adopt a socially responsible attitude, to integrate and promote principles relating to human rights, working conditions and fight against corruption.
- Coface becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Natixis, the financing, asset management and financial services arm of the BPCE Group, France’s second largest banking group.
- Success of the Coface IPO on the regulated market of Euronext Paris.
- Launch of EasyLiner, a 100% online offer dedicated to SMEs (not available in Switzerland)
- The public guarantees are transferred within a subsidiary of Bpifrance, thus putting an end to Coface's activities for the French State.
- Signature of an agreement to acquire PKZ, the leading credit insurance company in Slovenia and a subsidiary of SID Bank.
- ISS-oekom awards Coface "Prime" status for its performance in terms of social responsibility. Coface is thus among the top 10% of insurance companies in the world.
- Presence in 100 countries.
- Services delivered in nearly 200 countries.